Monday, May 25, 2009

New York!



Hello sweet ladies! Here are some pictures of my trip to New York. It was so fun to see Sylvia and Z (and John too of course). My culinary highlights were:

1) The compost cookie at Milk. It was full of pretzels, potato chips, butterscotch chips, and I don't know what else but it was good. It inspired me to make some random cookies of my own so today I made a chocolate cookie filled with 2 kinds of chocolate chips, chocolate-covered almonds, and crushed up italian cookies, a vanilla cookie filled with candied pineapple, coconut, corn flakes, and milk chocolate chips, and another vanilla cookie filled with sesame crackers and chocolate chips. They sound a bit strange but were actually really good!

2) Treats from the Japanese pastry shop Minamoto Kichoan. It is near Rockefeller Center and if you haven't been yet, definitely check it out. It is immaculate.

3) Cupcakes from Sweet Revenge. To be honest, they were too sweet for me. The name is true...the spirits of all the sweets I've eaten were taking revenge on me when I ate these cupcakes because I felt sick afterwards. I loved the papers they used though (see picture).


1 comment:

patricia said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!I wish I was there