Monday, July 30, 2007

Kara'a Cupcakes in the Marina






















I had a job interview here on Monday! The owner gave me some samples to take home... so good! All their ingredients are from less than 100 miles away and mostly organic. The flavors I brought home were:

Sweet Vanilla- vanilla cupcake with a sweet madagascar bourbon vanilla frosting (Ryan's favorite!)
Passion Fruit- Vanilla cupcake with passion fruit cud and vanilla buttercream
Java- vanilla or chocolate cupcake with a rich espresso buttercream
Fleur de Sel- chocolate cupcake with caramel filling, ganache frosting and fleur de sel (my definite favorite!!)


This place only sells cupcakes at a cute boutique-style setting. The cupcakes are displayed in glass jewelry cases- such a great idea... They also have 2 kinds of frosting: traditional buttercream and what she called "American Buttercream" basically, homemade Betty Crocker-esque tub-like frosting... they were both delicious!


Miss you girls and hope your summers are great!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

OOHH!!! Pretty! I wanna try. Maybe when you work there, you can take home more samples home for us! :)

Z said...

very cute very cute!!!!!! if you work there I will definitely come back to eat... I remember when I took jake down to criss field I saw their mini cooper and out came a guy always doing kite surf... I also saw that they were going to open a store in ghirardelli square... mmmmmmmm yummmm. I miss you all I want to coe back and work thereeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Megan, Freelance Baking said...

Yummy! I have to go check that place out! Have you found out yet if you are going to work there? I'd love to come visit you there!