Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Red Velevt

Ok Guys, so I made a red velevt cake for that Wedding I was telling you about. I was supposed to make the cale for the rehersal dinner & then the bride says they were not having one & I should just bring the cake to the reception. Considering the fact she already had a wedding cake, I thought it was a little strange to bring a cake to the recption. Anyway, I did not want to compete with the cake in any way so I decided to garnish the sides with nuts & I was going to pipe 7 swir;s along the top edge of the cake with 3 dots for each swirl. I was too nervous to pipe directly on the cake so I decided to do it on parchment & then once dry, I could pick up the swirls & place on the cake, Well. I must have piped 50 swirls & they ALL BROKE!! So I decided to tak the broken pieces & make a deisgn. So there you have it!!!



2 comments:

Z said...

heeeeeeeeey looks like a pretty cake to meeeeeeeeeee... great job... Sooooo how was the wedding and the real wedding cake: I am sure yours tasted so much better!!!!!!!!!

melissa from MTL!! said...

Okay Sis, so I finally checked your blog out after all this time and it looks like you and your friends are having a good time baking in Cali...I hope this tendancy of yours will continue when you come vist us in Montreal because frankly looking at all these cakes you've made and not being able to eat them is quite the tease.